2nd pre-season game means more than a sample size of snaps you’ll see the starters take. The starters will go about a half this game, so for all you fans crying about RG3 only playing 14 snaps last week…you’ll see more!
8 Things I’m looking For:
1. RG3 will have extended snaps this week, I’ll be interested in seeing if he shows chemistry with some of his receivers not named Pierre Garcon this game. He targeted Garcon 4 out of his 6 pass attempts against the Bills.
2. Alfred Morris vs Evan Royster. Roy Helu likely will be out of this game & with Evan Royster kind of struggling against the Bills last week, Alfred Morris could gain on him in the running back battle.
3. Aldrick Robinson. Brandon Banks got his share of targets last week but didn’t have much to show for it. I’m curious to see if Aldrick Robinson gets some of the early snaps like Banks did last week. Robinson’s speed with RG3′s arm is something I’m itching to see.
4. Offensive line consistency. I thought the o-line played considerably well last week protecting the passer but struggled a bit with run blocking. I’d like to see if they can be solid again this week against a Bears defense that only netted 33 sacks last year.
5. Chris Baker. Was the most impressive player on the defensive line last week, & a door that was already open for him with his performance got signficantly greater with the loss of Chris Neild for the season. Want to see if last week’s performance is something we can look for on a regular basis, if so you could see him play Nose Tackle a lot this coming year.
6. Jay Cutler vs DeAngelo Hall. I know it’s only pre-season but this is a fun match-up to watch because Jay Cutler feels some type of way about Hall & the last 2 times they faced each other were memorable games.
7. Kirk Cousins & Rex Grossman. Kirk Cousins had a rookie type of game in his debut, saw good things & not so good things. That’s fine. Rex Grossman looked like….an even worse version of Rex Grossman. If Kirk keeps outperforming him I wonder if we’ll see a rookie Qb backing up a rookie Qb.
8. Richard Crawford. Might be the most impressive draft pick other than RG3 this year. He’s impressed all off-season & got an interception last game, & also showed good return skills. I’m eager to see if he continues to impress does he win the job for the outside corner position opposite of Josh Wilson?